Tuesday, October 19, 2010

14 days... 25 days!


School is never-ending this time of the semester. I seem to have a huge assignment due twice a week and everyday small assignments, not to mention sorority obligations and attempting to still have some sort of a social life. I keep trying to just take it one step at a time, but that ends up making me do a lot of my work the night before. I have tried to plan everything out before my 21st birthday, which is two weeks away, but after that I am not sure exactly what I have to do. I keep telling myself to just look at my schedules, but I kind of do not want to because I want that night to be stress-free. My dad is taking me to Hawaii for a week in November, which I also want to be stress-free, but I will probably be doing homework on my vacation. At least in Hawaii I can get a tan while I study. I was not worried about making sure I get good grades, because I was going to make sure to be on my stuff, but being on my stuff has been really hard! I do get all my work done on time. However, I tend to be very hard on myself and when I know it was not my best work I beat myself up about it. I just really hope I can get this semesters GPA above a 2.5 otherwise I will have to be on academic probation from my sorority. The semester is already halfway through, but there are so many assignments left it is hard for me to gage how well I am going to do. I guess that is where grade checks can help. Last week I had to do grade checks and none of my teachers had my grade so all I got was passing, which is better than failing of course, but it doesn't help me gage how well I am doing or how much I need to improve. I don't know what else to do, but to take it one step at a time even if that means some work being done the night before. My weekends keep going by too fast for me to catch up on life and homework. Hopefully my week in Hawaii will let me catch up on both! 14 days until my 21st birthday! 25 days until Hawaii!

Words Of The Week:

cathartic: adj, providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis

plume: noun, a long, soft feather or arrangement of feathers used by a bird for displayor worn by a person for ornament

No comments:

Post a Comment