Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Craziest Weekend of my LIFE


I keep telling myself that next blog will be about something other than my weekend, but this weekend was just too crazy to not write about. It was Panhellanic Sorority Recruitment this past weekend and I probably got a total of eight hours of sleep the entire weekend. It started out with house tours on Friday. The girls in my sorority and I had to be ready to go by 1 P.M. House Tours started at 3 P.M. and we had six parties each lasting about an hour. However, the day wasn't over, after we cleaned up the house it was time to decorate for theme day, which was the next day. Theme Day was a baseball theme so not only did we have to decorate with things we bought, we had to make a lot of the decorations with butcher paper and paint. My sisters and I were up until after 1 A.M. getting things ready. When theme day finally came we had to wake up extra early just to finish decorating and do run throughs of the day. The girls going through recruitment started arriving at 11 A.M. and we had four parties each lasting over and hour. That day was definitely the most tiring. After that we still had to clean up all the theme day decorations and set up for the preference ceremony for the next day. By the time I went to bed it was after 1 A.M. again. I helped set a few things up then went and got 'froyo' with some of my sisters and a couple of us watched a movie in the basement. The beginning of the next day was not too bad. We didn't need to be ready until the afternoon, but we were still setting up and the two parties we had were each almost two hours long. That night was another long night of meetings, set up for bid day and cleaning up the house. When bid day finally came were all exhausted, but even though all the girls had classes we still had a lot to do. I spent the whole day getting things ready for when our new members would arrive. All the girls and I were so excited to see our new members on bid day, we could barely wait until they got to the house. When the new members finally got here we all celebrated with pizza, dancing, and games. That night, last night, I finally got to bed around 2 A.M. I will definitely be needing to catch up on some sleep as soon as I can. This was the craziest, busiest weekend I have ever had. It was non-stop talking and interacting with girls. It was stressful, but also fun. I am thankful to have such amazing sisters in my life because they made this weekend so great. I loved bonding with them all weekend, even though I did not have time to do anything else.

Words of the Week:
Both of these words are from my Pols 195A class.

parsimonious: unwilling to spend money or use resources, stingy or frugal.
That word we used when talking about theory and research.

correlation: a mutual relationship or connection between two or more things.
That word we used when talking about studies for research.

No comments:

Post a Comment