Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend


This weekend I thought I was going to get ahead on some homework since I had no plans to go on any sort of trip for Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately that did not happen. I stayed in San Jose all weekend, but instead of doing any homework at all I caught up with friends. It was a really fun weekend, but now I am a tad bit swamped with reading and assignments. Thursday, after I was all done with my classes, one of my sorority sisters and I went to a couple Fraternity rush events. She made me the best s'more I have ever had. After that we went to a friend's apartment to watch some movies and play games. We ended up staying out until 1 A.M., but it was a lot of fun. Friday I do not have any classes so slept in pretty late and in the afternoon I went to BBQ at my friend Tom's house. He lives pretty close to campus so I walked there. It was such nice weather for a BBQ and I had not seen Tom since May so it was really fun catching up. That night I stayed out late again just hanging out with a few friends in their apartment on campus. Saturday was the busiest of all my day this weekend. Sadly I had a funeral to attend that morning. The service was really touching and I was glad I could be there for a sorority sister who lost one of her loved ones. The service was held at a church in Palo Alto so after feeling so drained I decided to do something that would make me really happy after. I went to Stanford Shopping Center and got cupcakes from Sprinkles. They were the best cupcakes I have ever had in my life and definitely improved my mood. On my way back to San Jose I got a phone call from my best friend Elena. She told me she was going to be in San Jose with her Aunt and Mom doing some shopping and I should meet up with them. I was so excited to hear this because I barely got to see her this summer. As soon as I got back to my sorority house I changed and met up with Elena at the mall. We went on a bit of a shopping spree and I spent a little bit more money then I wanted to, but I had so much fun with my "bestie." When I got home it was already 9 P.M. and I was exhausted, so I went to bed early. Not before I watched "Dirty Dancing" though. Sunday I got up and started cleaning since my room was a mess. Around 2 P.M. I left for the airport to pick up my roommate, Sami. We got some food and talked and hung out and had a roommate bonding kind of day, which was a lot of fun. That night we visited her friends Sam and Dan, and did not get back until two in the morning, but I really enjoyed meeting her friends. That just leaves us with today. Today I woke up early and finished cleaning my room. Then my pledge sister Amanda and I went to get lunch and get our nails done. I love sister bonding time! I now am attempting to do a weekends worth of homework in just one day. Although I think my amazing weekend of hanging out was worth having to cram in all my work today.

Words of the Week:
Both of my words this week I heard randomly on TV shows. I have heard each of them used before. but never really understood their meanings.

Ubiquitous: adj. present, appearing, or found everywhere.

Capricious: adj. given to sudden and unaccountable changes of mood or behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment