Tuesday, November 9, 2010

4 days until HAWAII


I think I have checked out of school a little bit. This is not a good thing. Last week I forgot to do this blog. It was my 21st birthday so I guess I can give myself a pass, but I shouldn't. (The picture is from my 21st birthday) In 4 days I am leaving for Hawaii for 5 days. While I am gone I am going to have some homework to do, but who cares if I have homework. Yeah I am going to do my homework, but I will be in Hawaii while everyone else will be in San Jose. I think leaving for a week will be good. When I come back I hope to refreshed enough to finish off the semester strong! I really need to pass all my classes and have a GPA higher than a 2.5 this semester. I signed up for a winter class and I will be taking 12 units in the Spring semester. Assuming I pass all my classes this Fall and pass my winter class and then I pass all my spring classes, I will only have 33 units left until I graduate. It seems attainable! I have never felt this close to graduation before. I think if I take a Summer class or tow that could also be really beneficial because it would either speed up my graduation date, or it would make my last couple semesters less stressful. I think I should see an advisor in Spring to see if they think me graduating in Spring 2012 is attainable. For my dad's sake I really hope it is. I am excited to be graduating college because it is a huge accomplishment in my family, but I am also really scared. I have gotten so used to this college lifestyle, I don't know if I will know how to live as a working woman, and what will I even do as a job? I didn't pick my major based on what kind of job I want, I picked it because I like the topics of the classes. However, I do not want to be a politician. I think the only thing I really want to do is work in an office. I would be cool to be a secretary or something like that. I don't know why that appeals to me, but it just does. I really do hope that my little vacation does not set me back too much in my classes. I have tried to turn things in early or make arrangements with my teachers, so hopefully I can stay on track and come back ready to finish everything off.

Words of the Week:
After the in-class assignment we had today I remembered a few words that I did not remember the definitions for.

phenomenon: noun, a fact or situation that is observed to exist or happen, esp. one whose cause or explanation is in question

brut: adjective, (of sparkling wine) unsweetened; very dry

No comments:

Post a Comment