Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Letter To School


Dear School,

Although I dread you when every break comes to a close, I do have a special kind of love for you. You make my life very difficult at times, but I know in the long run you are what will be best for me. So why is it that every year I try to do really well you just get harder? You know I have a life besides just you. You know I have family, sorority, work, friends, boyfriend, and many other obligations. Why must you insist on making all those things so much harder to keep up with when I try to keep up with you? Perhaps it is because you know I will never just quit, no matter how hard it gets, or how many unsatisfactory grades I get, you know that I do not think quitting is an option. As the semester draws to an end you have loaded my life with assignments. Some easier than others and some so difficult and time consuming that classes end up being skipped in order to finish work from a different class. This semester I have had a huge paper in every class. It was my goal to get off of my sorority's academic monitoring and raise my grades this semester, but the way it is looking now is that I will not reach my goal and instead my grades will drop and I will be on academic probation. I know this is not for certain, but it is what I fear for this semester. That will not make me give up. However, School, next semester could you please just be a tiny easier on me? I want to do well, and I also want to have a life outside of you. You know that I enjoy you the first month of so when you start, but after that things just get so difficult. Isn't it more fun when I enjoy you? So please School, think about this for next semester, go a little easier on me when I am struggling to juggle everything in my life and you.

Much love,
Kristi


Words of the Week:

corroborate

: to support with evidence or authority : make more certain.

conscientious

: governed by or conforming to the dictates of conscience.


No comments:

Post a Comment